Tagsreplace file expression help needed

Ask questions on how to do this and that here.
SliderJeff

Tagsreplace file expression help needed

Post by SliderJeff »

Hey gang,

I read the tutorial on using Xrecode to zero pad the track number in the MP3 tag and I also wanted to make a change to how the Album is written in the tag. For instance, if the year for the album is 2013 and the album name is "Human Nature", I would like the Album to appear in the mp3 tag as:

(2013) Human Nature

To this end, I wrote my tagsreplace_track.txt file as:

Code: Select all

[Track]
<ANY>=%track2%

[Album]
<ANY>=(%year%) %album%
However, the regular expression doesn't appear to be working for the Album, because what I end up with is the following:

Code: Select all

(18ear%) Frilbum%
Is there some type of escape sequence I have to use with the parenthesis or the space between the close paren and "A" in album to get this to work? RegEx isn't my strong suit, but since using my exact syntax above works just fine for the file name, I'm not sure why it barfs for the tags.

Thanks,
Jeff
SliderJeff

Re: Tagsreplace file expression help needed

Post by SliderJeff »

So I figured out what it's doing, but I don't know how to get around it. Even though I have my tag info to be changed in the [Album] section, it is taking all of the "%<insert letter here>" portions of my RegEx as a TIME/DATE format code. Hence the "%y" in "%year" becomes "18" and the "%a" in "%album" becomes "Fri". This SEEMS like a bug, but I'm not certain. Thoughts?

Regards,
Jeff
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please install the latest beta version like this - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=40
It should work now.
SliderJeff

Post by SliderJeff »

admin wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:23 pm Please install the latest beta version like this - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=40
It should work now.
Awesome! Yep, worked like a charm. THANK YOU!

Regs,
Jeff
SliderJeff

Re: [SOLVED] Tagsreplace file expression help needed

Post by SliderJeff »

Actually, I spoke too soon. Can you tell me the proper syntax to use to make the Album's Year appear as part of the mp3tag Album title as opposed to the CURRENT year we are in?

Use of the %year in the tags file still doesn't work. Should we be able to use any of the metadata tags?

Jeff
admin
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] Tagsreplace file expression help needed

Post by admin »

Those should work - https://xrecode.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... n_Elements
i.e. %year% or %date% (whichever is present in your tags).
SliderJeff

[SOLVED] Tagsreplace file expression help needed

Post by SliderJeff »

Thanks, man! I'm an idiot and forgot the ending "%" after year, hence it was still interpreting "%y" as the 2-digit current year. Sorry for being oblivious to my own screwup.

Regards,
Jeff
SliderJeff

Post by SliderJeff »

Unfortunately, it looks like version 1.89 has broken this for me again. Here's a screen shot of the settings I am using. Note how the metadata has the YEAR included TWICE in the album name of the main window for some reason? I can't figure out how to solve this issue, as this used to work just fine. Is there some setting I am missing?

Thanks
Jeff
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please install the latest beta version - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=40
SliderJeff

Post by SliderJeff »

Both the latest Beta, v1.89 and the latest stable build, 1.88 exhibits the issue, i.e. double Years showing up in the Album field.

Jeff