The best DVD-Audio and SACD ISO extractor I've found!

Ask questions on how to do this and that here.
scottm_dj

The best DVD-Audio and SACD ISO extractor I've found!

Post by scottm_dj »

FINALLY...a program that easily converts my coveted DVDA-ISO files i made from all my original discs to equal resolution FLAC/MLP files I can play on my Oppo 205 that can't handle ISO. Not only that, although there are several other programs that extract the SACD-ISO files i have made from my SACD discs...this is the **ONLY** app that appears to do it from the couple tricky "homemade" non-Redbook ISO files i have. Every other one just spits them out as non compliant and aborts. I've been searching eons for something like this--thank you so much for this fantastic app!
admin
Site Admin

Re: The best DVD-Audio and SACD ISO extractor I've found!

Post by admin »

Thank you!
scottm_dj

Post by scottm_dj »

Although I am without a doubt buying it, in working with it I did have a couple questions..remember I'm dealing with strictly my SACD/DVD-A ISO files here.

I think I figured out that EXTRACT will extract as is--perfect for SACD that you dont want to mess with, while Encode will change it to whatever format you need (perfect for DVD-Audio because players can't read the Extracted MLP extension so you need to use 24-bit FLAC). Too bad modern players that could read DVD-Audio ISO are long gone---thank you idiot posters back in the day--as it was such a convenience to do.

1) Is there a way to ONLY extract either 2ch OR Multichannel files from a DST (for Oppo I would do Mch, but for an older DAP I would do 2ch)? Obviously you should be able to delete out the unneeded area (regular or MULCHTOC) if you do them one at a time...but what about as a batch job (folder)? Is it somewhere in the "Extract SACD As" choice I''m missing?

2) Is there a way to have the folder be the name of the file? I figured out how to get it to be the name of the directory (preserve structure of source folder) but i have a bunch of ISO files in one directory. For instance if i have Mch\Beck - Sea Change.ISO is there a way to EXTRACT as Mch\Beck - Sea Change\<files>...rather than dumping every file straight under Mch, creating and whole library mishmash?

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can always exclude all TWOCHTOC and/or MULCHTOC tracks by un-checking the TWOCHTOC/MULCHTOC row checkbox.
You can use %originalfilename% pattern element so that output files will be created in the folder with the same name as the input file - https://imgur.com/HEDeHsX. More info on patterns - https://xrecode.com/wiki/index.php?title=Patterns.
hpsxrb

Post by hpsxrb »

Hello all !
In Xrecode3 menus, where it is possible to "exclude all TWOCHTOC and/or MULCHTOC tracks by un-checking the TWOCHTOC/MULCHTOC row checkbox"?

Thank you very much for the excellent program.
Hugo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hpsxrb

Post by hpsxrb »

No.
In the post before mine you said that to "exclude all TWOCHTOC and/or MULCHTOC tracks by un-checking the TWOCHTOC/MULCHTOC row checkbox".
How to un-checking the MULCHTOC in checkbox ?

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I was referring to those check boxes https://imgur.com/BHr4jQV
Once you un-check them, the all child check boxes get un-checked as well.