[SOLVED] Program will not open/start on Windows 10 1903

Bug reports go here.
lamecode

[SOLVED] Program will not open/start on Windows 10 1903

Post by lamecode »

Just trying out Xrecode3 with a view to purchase. I am running Win 10 1903 (18363.592). No additional extra Anti Virus other than built in. This is an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 on a Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro board.

When I try to run the console version xrecode3cx64.exe (V1.99) the program opens a black DOS/CMD box for a split second and then nothing. I have checked the system logs but there are no entries pertaining to the software. I have tried both 64 and 32 bit versions of V1.99 with the same result.

However, when I run the portable version xrecode3x64.exe (V1.99) it seems to run correctly and I am able to process files normally. I can even place the portable version on the hard drive and it works fine.

I have tried running the console program from the Program Files directory and also from a non system directory but it fails in the same way. I did see the previous post about deleting the app data directory but the software has not got as far as writing to that folder.

I'd be interested for any thoughts, especially if anyone is running the latest W10 flavour. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Program will not open/start on Windows 10 1903

Post by admin »

Are you running xrecode3cx64.exe from explorer or from a cmd prompt?
Console programs do not have any GUI, so it will flash and exit, when started from explorer.
lamecode

[SOLVED] Re: Program will not open/start on Windows 10 1903

Post by lamecode »

Thank you for the reply. Schoolboy error on my side. Console version now working fine in console. :oops:

Sorry for the bother