[SOLVED] Output from cue files ignoring path pattern

Bug reports go here.
RichardP

[SOLVED] Output from cue files ignoring path pattern

Post by RichardP »

I just started using XRecode a few weeks ago. I started on v 1.59, bought a license at v 1.60, and just updated to v 1.61. Based on the "What's New" info for v 1.61, I'm sure you're not going to regard this as a bug, but I'm reporting it as such anyway.

I liked and used the feature where the output of the .cue sheet observed the path pattern I put in the CUE entry box. (I used %albumartist% [d]\%album%\%track2. %title% in conjunction with the check in the "Create files in source folder" box.) Now, v 1.61 ignores the "%albumartist% [d]\%album%\" part of the path, and just puts all the files in the source folder itself. Pretty much the ONLY thing I use XRecode for is using cue files to extract and convert music files from big monolithic flac, ape, and wv source files. I quit using Medieval CUE Splitter in favor of XRecode partly due to this feature that you have now changed.

Can we have the OPTION for output from a cue file to observe the full path, just as it did in the previous couple of versions? Maybe a check box labeled "Observe full pattern path for CUE files?" where "Y" would do the old v 1.60 behavior and "N" would do the current v 1.61 behavior?

Thanks.

(PS: Yes, I know I could revert to v 1.60 as a workaround, but that's a short term solution only. I want the benefits of your continued development, for example, the fix to eliminate leading and trailing spaces from created folder names.)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Output from cue files ignoring path pattern

Post by admin »

Here's the update to try - http://xrecode.com/test/setup_xrecode3_ ... t_1.62.exe
I reverted the old behavior back and added option under Output Settings, to ignore the output folder for CUE files (it's off by default).
RichardP

Re: Output from cue files ignoring path pattern

Post by RichardP »

Wow. That was fast. Thank you so much for this enhancement.