[SOLVED] Program can't start, avutil-55.dll is missing...

Bug reports go here.
RichardP

[SOLVED] Program can't start, avutil-55.dll is missing...

Post by RichardP »

I don't know if this is a "bug" or a "help" issue.

After using the registered version of XRecode3 successfully almost daily for several months, I encountered the following error situation.

(1) I opened XRecode3 [64-bit] ver 1.63.
(2) I dragged a cue file onto the main work window.
(3) I pressed Start.
(4) I received the dialog box xrecode3x64.exe - System Error. "The program can't start because avutil-55.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. It gave me the error 10 times, once for each file it was trying to create from the cue sheet.

I do have avutil-55.dll on my PC in a few places, but I guess not in an area that xrecode3 knows about. I looked in the xrecode3 folders and found that there are a bunch of other dll's in the x64 subfolder. I copied one of my avutil-55.dll files to that folder, closed & reopened xrecode3, and tried to process the cue file again. This time I did not get the "avutil-55.dll is missing" error. Instead I got an error that said there were problems and go look at the log tab. the log tab says that there is an "Access violation at address 00000000008E634C in module 'xrecode3x64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000168".

Any thoughts? I didn't try reinstalling the program.
RichardP

Re: Program can't start, avutil-55.dll is missing...

Post by RichardP »

PS to the above: I'm only having this problem with one particular cue file and its associated flac file. Every other cue file, it works fine with.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Program can't start, avutil-55.dll is missing...

Post by admin »

Please try the latest beta version - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=40
RichardP

[SOLVED] Re: Program can't start, avutil-55.dll is missing...

Post by RichardP »

I am pleased to report that the 1.64 beta handles the problem cue and flac file. Problem solved! Thank you very much.