[SOLVED] XR3 insists there's STILL a new version...

Bug reports go here.
gjwAudio

[SOLVED] XR3 insists there's STILL a new version...

Post by gjwAudio »

...when it's not.

Using XR3 this morning, I noticed the top left corner of GUI announcing "Version 1.67 available". OK.

So I dutifully clicked the link and the popup claimed a new BETA of v1.67 was released on 2017-10-15. AFTER this new version was installed, a relaunch looks like this:

Notice the Version x.xx available is still displayed ...AND... my personal program registration is replaced by "Dev" - that's two curious things ;) . Previous 1.67 versions retained my credentials; now I'm unable to find the option to update with my key code.

SUGGESTION: when a new version is a Beta release, can the message display please indicate this, just for clarity.

Q: will there be more 1.67 betas coming before an official 1.67 stable is issued ?

As always, thanks for the awesome support of this most useful program !
Cheers :P
Last edited by gjwAudio on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: XR3 insists there's STILL a new version...

Post by admin »

Huh :) Please update to the latest beta 1.67. There might be some more before the stable version is out.
gjwAudio

Re: XR3 insists there's STILL a new version...

Post by gjwAudio »

OK, just installed the latest Beta (from 2017-10-16), and all functions behave as expected :D .

The program identifies itself as "1.67 [Beta]". You might want to identify which beta (since there are multiple versions between STABLE releases). Perhaps a simple Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3 numbering scheme ?

My choice would be to use the full compile date; by calling it "[Beta 2017-10-16]" (or something similar) you can remove any confusion as to what program version is running.

Thanks again for awesome support !
admin
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] XR3 insists there's STILL a new version...

Post by admin »

Great :) I just released new beta version which will display the release date and a build counter in the version.
gjwAudio

Re: [SOLVED] XR3 insists there's STILL a new version...

Post by gjwAudio »

Just installed new#8... Beautiful Work !!

Thanks.