[SOLVED] Split DSF file by CUE produces clicks

Bug reports go here.
Lurker

[SOLVED] Split DSF file by CUE produces clicks

Post by Lurker »

I've purchases XRecode to only split DSD files by cue sheets. In my tests, I played back the result via DSD-to-PCM conversion, and didn't notice a problem. But then, I've played the tracks in my DAP, with native DSD support and true gapless player (Neutron Music), and noticed a "click" at the end of each track, only in the right channel. I could say, it sounds like the last sample in the right channel was either lost or corrupted, although, of course, it may be any other reason.

I split (using Extract action) DSD128 streams, in DSF format, into DSF as well. Two source files produced the same bad result in each and every track. Although the source files are vinyl rips, I'm pretty sure that the clicks are not present in the original files.
Lurker

Re: Split DSF file by CUE produces clicks

Post by Lurker »

Forgot to specify: it is 1.84 32-bit portable version, if it matters.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Could you, please, send the original files via https://wetransfer.com (or other service) to xrecode@gmail.com?
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Thy are over 3GB each! May magnet link be in help?
OK, removed links.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please try the latest beta version - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=40
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Thank you! It works now as it should: gapless!

One more note: XRECODE correctly numbers tracks according tho the cue sheet, but puts incorrect number of total tracks! I expect the number of total tracks to be as in cue sheet, not number of tracks per music file. E.g. 1/13, not 1/7 for the first side or 8/6 for the second side of a vinyl rip. If you disagree, could you make it as a setting one day?

Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great. Could you, please, give more details about total tracks, i.e. how/where exactly are you using it?
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Track numbers are written by XRECODE into track metadata, when I Extract tracks using a CUE file. The track number tag has a form "n/nn", where n is the track number, and nn is total tracks number. If a CUE refers to more than one flac/dsf/etc file, XRECODE writes as nn not the total amount of tracks from the whole CUE file, but amount of tracks in a part which corresponds to one flac/dsf/etc file.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please install the latest beta version - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=40
Lurker

[SOLVED] Re: Split DSF file by CUE produces clicks

Post by Lurker »

OK, you decided not to put total number of tracks, which it better than a wrong value!

Thank you, I'm quite satisfied now :)