[SOLVED] Seems to fail calling external executables

Bug reports go here.
Post Reply
jfcherng
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:04 pm
Location: Taiwan

[SOLVED] Seems to fail calling external executables

Post by jfcherng » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:40 pm

I can use xrecode not a long time ago but now I can't and I have even tried to rollback to v1.88 but still in vain. Thus, I am almost sure that this is not a bug and it could be some misconfigurations on my Windows 7 x64 PC but I can't find a proper place to ask this thus I first post this here for any possible help.

Test file (actually not important, it just failed with any input file): https://file-examples.com/wp-content/up ... AV_1MG.wav
xrecode Diagnostic file: https://we.tl/t-cbOU4MCysg

For example, I try to convert it into a MP3 file. Encoder configuration is shown as the following screenshot. I tried both relative/absolute paths.
Image

The conversion fails immediately with the following log.

Code: Select all

2019/7/9 上午 06:13:19: ERROR: C:\Users\Clover\Desktop\Kevin MacLeod - YouTube Audio Library\ - Impact Moderato.mp3 : Process C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /D /C  ""C:\Program Files\xrecode3\bin\x64\lame.exe"  -r -s 8000 --bitwidth 16  -m s -cbr -b320 -mj --silent - "C:\Users\Clover\Desktop\Kevin MacLeod - YouTube Audio Library\ - Impact Moderato.mp3" " ended with ExitCode : -1073741819 (), GetLastError=0
But after that, I tried the command line version xrecode and it succeeded.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Clover\Desktop>"C:\Program Files\xrecode3\xrecode3cx64.exe" -i "C:\Users\Clover\Desktop\file_example_WAV_1MG.wa
v" -o "C:\Users\Clover\Desktop" /dest mp3
XRECODE 3 (Console) [64-bit] - 1.93

You are running trial version of XRECODE 3 Console. You have 30 days left on your trial period.  

[Encoding] / Progess: 100% / Threads: 0 / Elaspsed: 00:00:00 / Remaining: 00:00:00 / Files: 1/1
I also tried to call the encoder directly from the command line and it succeeded.

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /D /C type "C:\Users\Clover\Desktop\file_example_WAV_1MG.wav" | "C:\Program Files\xrecode3\bin\x64\lame.exe" -r -s 44100 --bitwidth 16 - "C:\Users\Clover\Desktop\file_example_WAV_1MG.mp3"

Assuming raw pcm input file
LAME 3.100 64bits (http://lame.sf.net)
CPU features: SSE (ASM used), SSE2
Using polyphase lowpass filter, transition band: 16538 Hz - 17071 Hz
Encoding <stdin> to C:\Users\Clover\Desktop\file_example_WAV_1MG.mp3
Encoding as 44.1 kHz j-stereo MPEG-1 Layer III (11x) 128 kbps qval=3
The above command is modified from the "manual test mode" but it's weird that xrecode reports it doesn't work.

Code: Select all

External encoder was NOT configured properly
Details are below:



C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /D /C  type "C:\Users\Clover\AppData\Local\Temp\XRECODE3\1576056__5nsl0_4.wav" | "C:\Program Files\xrecode3\bin\x64\lame.exe"  -r -s 44100 --bitwidth 16   - "C:\Users\Clover\AppData\Local\Temp\XRECODE3\1576056__5nsl0_5.mp3" 1> "C:\Users\Clover\AppData\Local\Temp\XRECODE3\1576056__5nsl0_6.txt" 2> "C:\Users\Clover\AppData\Local\Temp\XRECODE3\1576056__5nsl0_7.txt"

If I choose to use an external lib to use for encoding, it works.
Image

But encoding to MP3 is just an example, what I actually want to do is encoding to ALAC/M4A and there is no pure lib (and I don't want to use FFmpeg) for it so I must use an external refalac.exe/qaac.exe. It has some dependencies so I simplify the case to lame.exe which should be a working built-in.
Last edited by jfcherng on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Seems to fail calling external executables

Post by admin » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:41 am

Could you, please, check if it's working with external OGG encoder and external ALAC?
Also, are you using some Antivirus?

jfcherng
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:04 pm
Location: Taiwan

[SOLVED] Re: Seems to fail calling external executables

Post by jfcherng » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:51 pm

Thanks for your kindly reply. The OGG/ALAC external encoders fails as well.
At the same time, it makes me feel weird that the 32-bit xrecode crashes immediately after starting itself.
This makes me think there is something that modifying the xrecode.exe binary.

With that in mind, quickly I find the culprit. It's MacType, a program that can modify (beautify) the font used for programs. After turning it off for xrecode, everything goes normal. I guess there is something wrong in the latest beta of MacType.

Problem solved. :D

Post Reply