Ripping BR audio to WAV w/DTS codec

Ask questions on how to do this and that here.
SFAudioFan

Ripping BR audio to WAV w/DTS codec

Post by SFAudioFan »

First--LOVE this program. It is exactly what I've been needing for well over a year. Thank you for offering so much power in one package.

Second, there is one type of file configuration that I have been pulling my hair out to achieve. I currently have a Talking Heads' Little Creatures .wav file with DTS audio. When I play it through my Oppo player, the receiver picks it up as a DTS signal. This is what I have been trying to recreate with some of my other Blu-Ray files: a .wav file that has the DTS codec so my receiver plays back true DTS audio.

I have tried ripping the disk using the Encode - WAV settings to rip the DTS track. The final file plays the 6 channels of audio, but it won't play a DTS signal, just a multi-channel signal. This is not what I am hoping to achieve.

Is this possible using your software? When I open the file in the VLC player and check the file information, it lists the codes a PCM not DTS (the Little Creatures wav file has the DTS codec). Any help you can provide would be great. This is very picky, I know, but it has been my goal for well over a year.

Thanks in advance.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Ripping BR audio to WAV w/DTS codec

Post by admin »

Please enable "Scan WAV files for DTS stream" option https://xrecode.com/wiki/index.php?title=Misc
SFAudioFan

Post by SFAudioFan »

Thanks. I did that previously, but to make sure I did it correctly, I did the Encoding again. Same result. The .wav file does not play back as a DTS. I also exported as AC3 and TrueHD to .wav and the results are similar: it does not send that codec to the receiver.

After each test I would go back to the Talking Heads file .wav file that I have, play it and confirm that a DTS signal is being received and played back.

To confirm, here are my steps:

1. Open the .m2ts file.
2. Select (1)WAV - (2) Encode.
3. Configure settings -
WAV Settings: Encode to W64 & Encode to RF64 are unchecked. Create CUE & M3U files are unchecked.
WAV Output Settings: Channels-Automatic. Output and Sample Format are not touched. Use DSD-over-PCM is unchecked.
Encode Settings: Combine files... is unchecked.
4. Under Settings-->Misc: Scan WAV files for DTS Stream is checked.

I think I am doing everything right, but cannot get the result I'm looking for. Any ideas? Do I need to install a third-party DTS codec?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oh, I see. I misunderstood you :)
Could you, please, share that .m2ts file with me at xrecode@gmail.com (you could use http://www.wetransfer.com).
SFAudioFan

Post by SFAudioFan »

No worries. Sent you an email with some links.