DSD/DST Multichannel Files on Himedia Q10 PRO 4K (Ultra HD) Player

Ask questions on how to do this and that here.
Juppi

DSD/DST Multichannel Files on Himedia Q10 PRO 4K (Ultra HD) Player

Post by Juppi »

Hi there,

first of all, a big compliment for your software!
Never used a program that is capable of handling almost all existing formates, I am happy to own it.
Recoding native 2.0 material from X to Y is working great.

Here is my problem:

I have extracted several SACD`s into lossless native DSD/DST files.

The Himedia Box is sending the 2.0 (stereo) DSD/DST files to my Denon 8500 via HDMI 2.0 pefectly,
but the multichannel DSD/DST files are stuttering like crazy while being played,
this is known and not fixed yet by Himedia (guess they never will).

So what I want to do now is to recode the native multichannel DSD/DST files into multichannel FLAC format,
if possible lossless (as in real life, size does NOT matter ;)).

Could you please help me with the settings I need to define before transcoding?

Thanks in advance and cheers

Juppi
Last edited by Juppi on Tue May 05, 2020 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: DSD/DST Multichannel Files on Himedia Q10 PRO 4K (Ultra HD) Player

Post by admin »

Just select FLAC as output format and that's it.
For SACD settings, which affect DSD to PCM conversion, please check this https://xrecode.com/wiki/index.php?title=SACD
The default ones should be fine, though.
Juppi

Post by Juppi »

I took a little time during the weekend to solve my problem, and in the end I got it right.

As I`ve mentioned, I have extracted all my SACD`s as DSD/DSF files. With them an acceptable encoding is simply impossible (tried nearly all possible settings). So I`ve extracted the DSD/DSF files to DFF with no parameters set (all automatic) except those you show in your link above. These DFF files were reencoded to FLAC (also with everything on automatic), and guess what, perfect! These FLAC files had a samplerate of 176400/24Bit and were ridiculously BIG (almost a Gigabyte for 5 minutes of music). I took these FLAC files and downsampled them to 96000/24Bit, and they sound absolutely great on my system. Thx for your help and keep going! Cheers!!
ilk2011

Post by ilk2011 »

Juppi wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:08 pm I took these FLAC files and downsampled them to 96000/24Bit, and they sound absolutely great on my system.
I'd advise you to do the following: after extracting DFF to code files into FLAC 24bit. But!!! You should choose 88200 KHz, not 96000. It's a very long and complex story to do such a choice, but it's right.
Juppi

Post by Juppi »

Ok, will do as suggested without asking why ;). Thx.