Access violation at address from merge/CUE mp3 files

Bug reports go here.
phil

Access violation at address from merge/CUE mp3 files

Post by phil »

Hi,

I am trying to merge/CUE some mp3 files in different folders.
However I am running in to Access violation at address errors.

06.04.2023 18:14:29: ERROR: E:\***.mp3 / C:\Users\***.mp3 : Access violation at address 000000000040E325 in module 'xrecode3x64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

I have tried version 1.126 (Installer), 1.125 (portable+Installer) and 1.124 (portable) and all exit with the same error.

regards
Phil
admin
Site Admin

Re: Access violation at address from merge/CUE mp3 files

Post by admin »

Please try to reproduce the issue with some of those mp3 files and send them (also the Diagnostic information under About button) to xrecode@gmail.com so that I could reproduce the issue. You could use https://wetransfer.com.
phil

Post by phil »

I did some test and figured the root cause (BUT not so much, see below).
If there is mp3 file in the same folder which has a deviant name than the remaining files.

e.g.
merge mp3/cue works fine:
"Kapitel 01 - Benjamin verliebt sich (Folge 007)".mp3 + "Kapitel 02 - Benjamin verliebt sich (Folge 007).mp3"

merge mp3/cue FAILS if I run:
"Benjamin Blümchen Lied.mp3" (deviant file name) + "Kapitel 01 - Benjamin verliebt sich (Folge 007).mp3" + "Kapitel 02 - Benjamin verliebt sich (Folge 007).mp3"

BUT
I tried merge other audiobooks of the same structure and it would compile "mp3-with-deviant-name" + "mp3-files-with-similar-names" just fine.
Maybe its related to the mp3 files itself.

Any way, I could merge all audiobooks after I removed the mp3 files with deviant file names.

regards
Phil
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I tried to reproduce the issue with your file names, but it worked fine for me. I guess it's somehow related to the mp3 files themselves.
paddy

Post by paddy »

Hi!

maybe FAT restrictions with too long file names and subfolders.

best regards
Paddy