Lost functionality

Bug reports go here.
ubulord

Lost functionality

Post by ubulord »

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug, it's more like something I could do in xrecode2 and I find no way of doing it in xrecode3. Let's say I wanted to convert to mp3 10 flac files that were inside a folder called "Bad Music". The way I had xrecode2 configured the mp3's would appear in a folder also called "Bad Music" that was itself inside the "Bad Music" that contained the FLAC's. So the original "Bad Music" folder now contained 10 flac files plus another "Bad Music" folder with the 10 mp3's.
I achieved this by writing %folder% in "Additional Output Settings" and "%track2% %title%" in "File Name for CUE".
This seems to be impossible to achieve in xrecode3. If I tick "create files in source folder" it will put the mp3's alongside the flac's (even if in the filename pattern I write "%folder%\%track2% %title%" - it just ignores the %folder% instruction). If I don't tick the "create files in source folder" it will write to whatever fixed destination I put in "Output Path" (then it will obey the instruction to create a folder, but it won't be where I want it to be).
Is there any solution to this problem?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Lost functionality

Post by admin »

Will enabling "Number of source folders to include (from the end) to include" and setting it to 1 produce the same result? It's under Settings button (Above Pattern Settings). Before doing the conversion, right click source files list and enable "Show full output file name" to see the real output file name.
ubulord

Post by ubulord »

You're a genius. Yes it works.
But there is still a little bit of lost functionality because if I want to choose the name of the folder (instead of using the name of the source folder) apparently I can't do it, namely if I want

converted\%track2% %title%

it doesn't obey the instruction to create the mp3's inside a folder called "converted" (unless I save it to a different location altogether)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ubulord

Post by ubulord »

Now it works. Brilliant!
May I mention another small detail? I always use Tag&Rename to tag the flac's and mp3's and there were two fields that were not copied by xrecode2 when converting flac's to mp3's "Encoded By" and "Label". After I converted to mp3 I had to use T&R to fill those two fields in the mp3's. I see that xrecode3 now copies the content of "Encoded by" but "Label" is still left out. Any chance of copying the contents of that field too?
Thanks
Pedro
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great. I just tried and LABEL was transferred from flac to mp3. Could you, please, send that flac file to xrecode@gmail.com?
ubulord

Post by ubulord »

Flac and mp3 sent by mail
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Label is in those files, it's just called Label in T&R, but is saved as Publisher.