[SOLVED] XR3 hangs on a single track while processing a large batch

Bug reports go here.
grant.g

[SOLVED] XR3 hangs on a single track while processing a large batch

Post by grant.g »

Alas I can't provide much useful information, but perhaps somebody will recognise the symptoms.

I should note that I have observed this problem once or twice in XR2 as well, on a different computer.

Occasionally, when processing large batches, one of the threads will hang and cause XR3 to fail to finish up and also fail to respond to any UI activity.

For instance, I just processed a batch of 551 m4a files, converting them to mp3/320 on a Windows 10 machine. One random track froze at about the 100kb mark and never completed. The only way to exit from the program is to kill it from the task manager. Once I restart the program I'm able to process the failed track (and then manually clean up all the files that didn't get removed because XRecode didn't finish up).

Is there any way to extract useful diagnostic information from on-disk logs, perhaps ? I have sent the generated diagnostics, but of course, they'll be useless as I had to restart the program - but they should contain machine characteristics.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this problem only happens when the source type is m4a.
admin
Site Admin

Re: XR3 hangs on a single track while processing a large batch

Post by admin »

Problem was with version (1.47). After upgrade to the latest (1.55) problem seems to be fixed.