Loud CLICK when convert SACD ISO to DSF

Ask questions on how to do this and that here.
1piotr13

Loud CLICK when convert SACD ISO to DSF

Post by 1piotr13 »

Hi
I have a problem and I start to search this forum how to fix it. I noticed that other users have the same problem. The thing is, after converting from SACD ISO to DSF files I can hear loud CLICK at the end of one song and at the start of another. No matter which ISO I convert, I've tried convert many ISO SACD and this LOUD CLICK is on all of them. I thought this problem will be solved in the latest beta version of this software but it's not.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Loud CLICK when convert SACD ISO to DSF

Post by admin »

How are you listening to those files? Is the click still present if you extract them as dff?
1piotr13

Post by 1piotr13 »

I'm listening on my computer using Foobar2000. When I convert to DFF there is no CLICK. Is only present on DSF files. Please try to fix this in next release of XRECODE. It's not only me having this issue. Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'd suggest to use the dff as there's no quality difference between dsf and dff and they both support the Metadata.
1piotr13

Post by 1piotr13 »

''DSD Storage Facility (DSF) files are far better suited to music library management because they allow the inclusion of metadata. This embedded metadata includes the names of the audio contained, information about the release the audio is part of, and other data such as album artwork. Hence, a DSF file could be transferred to different music players and retain the same metadata.

Meanwhile, DSD Interchange File Format (DFF) files don't allow any tags to be stored, making music library organising much more difficult. Storing information about the audio means using separate databases, which is a pain when moving the music from one system to another. Each time you import a given DFF file into a new music player, its metadata may not be recognised, making your library a pain to navigate, browse, search and generally use.

You could store rudimentary metadata in the file name of a DFF file. But this has severe limitations in terms of the richness of data that can be stored.''
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DFF files have full id3v2 tags stored in them.
1piotr13

Post by 1piotr13 »

DFF files can be tagged with ID3v2 tags but is non-standard so not all software can read such tags. Second thing and most important here is that your software contains an error that prevents correct conversion from SACD ISO to DSF files. You are aware of this for a long time. I'm not the first person on this forum having this problem and you should fix this. We pay for FULL functional software.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please send one such dsf file to me at xrecode@gmail.com (you could use https://wetransfer.com)
1piotr13

Post by 1piotr13 »

Check your e-mail box.