Flac init failed when converting lossless PCM to FLAC

Bug reports go here.
Dandy

Flac init failed when converting lossless PCM to FLAC

Post by Dandy »

Hi,

I am getting this message when I am trying to convert a BluRay folder (BDMV) to Flac: 00002.m2ts / C:\Users\usrname\AppData\Local\Temp\XRECODE3\5178402_u_25a5s_432.flac : FLAC init failed: i=4/es=1/False/isr=96000/sr=96000/bps=24/ch=16

Do i need to install anything related to FLAC or is the program supposed ot bring everything with it it needs at installation? I am running Xrecode 3 in version 1.109 on a Windows 10 machine (latest updates installed).

Thanks (I will buy thissoftware when this works).
admin
Site Admin

Re: Flac init failed when converting lossless PCM to FLAC

Post by admin »

Dandy

Post by Dandy »

Hi,

thanks for the file. It changed something, but doesn't work properly still. When I try to convert some BluRay .m2ts streams to Flac, it only converts one file but not the other files that I have selected. The file itself seems ok (haven't listened to it yet).

Now, when I open a DVD Audio .iso and try to convert it to Flac, it gives me an error:

14.02.2021 18:23:52: ERROR: Filepath.iso / C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\XRECODE3\328674_u_48aa_85.flac : Internal error: Buffer size mismatch

Both are multichannel (6) tracks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Could you, please, send the Diagnostic information (under About button) to xrecode@gmail.com?
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

Great, thanks a lot! Just bought a license.

It is a bit confusing in the UI I believe, since I thought that this option is used to generate a multichannel file from a multichannel source, whereas the standard option would do a stereo downmix automatically (since often people just want stereo).

Anyway, I have two more question (if you like me to post them as separate threads in the forum, just let me know):

1) When I do a conversion from SACD .iso to FLAC, I get very large files with a very high sample rate. I thought that the best sample rate for SACD DSD to PCM was 88 kHz and that there were other options, like filter settings, that are crucial for the quality and size of the FLAC file. What settings would that be and would it be possible to select those as default for SACD DSD to FLAC conversion (or any other lossless PCM format for that matter)? The same could be done when the input is .dff files in SACD format instead of an .iso.

2) I would like to tag the files with ID3 info and let your software generate tagged FLAC files with the correct filenames. Discogs is a good source for that, since it also provides information for BluRay or DVD releases, which often have different track lists than the standard CD releases. Since your tool doesn't support that, do you know a tool which can be used to generate an .db3 file from a Discogs ID so I can import it to your tool before converting the files? This would really ease the process of generating the right output with correct tags in one step.

Thanks a lot. It is a great tool you have made! Works also really well with BluRay and DVD folders.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1) You can set the sample rate here https://imgur.com/5IAOjBn
2) I'm not aware of such tool.