can the data from freedb be edited before encoding?

Ask questions on how to do this and that here.
ppvnnew@gmail.com

can the data from freedb be edited before encoding?

Post by ppvnnew@gmail.com »

I am a pensioner and have used xrecode successfully for a few years now.
But presently i am encoding my Bach complete works into flac and am running into several problems.
1 On some of the cd's Xrecode stops for the output file is too long.
2 The data from freedb and others is very inconsistent
After the suggestion the take out %albumartist % i could encode a lot more cd's.
But i still have problems
Now i assume that the cd info coming from freedb or the others is too much and definitely inconsistent.
See supplied images.
Therefore my question is can the metadata from freedb be intercepted, EDited, and then added back into xrecode to finish the encoding.
On the bottom line of freedb is a long string of characters and i wonder if editing that string might solve my problem but how.
I found a program that can edit any text in files the way you want it so you can get consistence in the data being displayed. (in Foobar) but if you can not encode the cd you are still lost.
That text editing program is called Bulk Rename Utility but is a bit cumbersome.
If anybody can shed some light on this and help me with a solution i would be very grateful
Regards, Peter

Humm How do i attach 2x .png files?
admin
Site Admin

Re: can the data from freedb be edited before encoding?

Post by admin »

You can always edit the Metadata by clicking on the Metadata tab like this https://imgur.com/w8ikPXg
That long string is the internal CD id. It's there just for debug.