[SOLVED] Normalize without change the Format

Ask questions on how to do this and that here.
Wolf2022

[SOLVED] Normalize without change the Format

Post by Wolf2022 »

Hi, I'm new here.

I would like to normalize e.g. FLAC files higher (e.g. to 3-4 LUFS). How does that work without me converting the file to e.g. WAV and then converting back to FLAC.

Or will the FLAC file be decompressed then normalized and then compressed back to FLAC if I check FLAC?

Thx for help
admin
Site Admin

Re: Normalize without change the Format

Post by admin »

You can do it directly by converting flac to flac, i.e. add the flac files to the program, select "Apply to Audio" under Normalize settings, and click Start.
Wolf2022

Post by Wolf2022 »

THX for your answer,

see pic, is this correctly?

Greetings Wolf

PS: ok, -3,2 LUFS is a little bit too much :-)

PS2: a sec. question from an newbee: what is the difference between "Save in Tags" and "Apply to Audio"?

********************************************************************************

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wolf2022 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:09 pm PS: ok, -3,2 LUFS is a little bit too much

PS2: a sec. question from an newbee: what is the difference between "Save in Tags" and "Apply to Audio"?
I don't know - it al depends what you really need. It will be very loud, that's for sure :)

"Save in Tags" vs "Apply to Audio".

When "Save in Tags" is used, the original audio is not altered. The normalization values are written into the Metadata so that the player can use it.
When "Apply to Audio" is used, the original audio is altered, based on the normalization parameter.

It all depends on how you're going to play back that file. If the player supports replay gain information in the Metadata, then use the "Save in Tags" method. If not, then "Apply to Audio".

Also, when experimenting, convert the files into a separate folder, not in the same as source.
Wolf2022

[SOLVED] Re: Normalize without change the Format

Post by Wolf2022 »

admin wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:40 pm
Wolf2022 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:09 pm
"Save in Tags" vs "Apply to Audio".

When "Save in Tags" is used, the original audio is not altered. The normalization values are written into the Metadata so that the player can use it.
When "Apply to Audio" is used, the original audio is altered, based on the normalization parameter.
Yes, that's what I thought too

Thank you again for the answers

Regards Wolf