[SOLVED] Console version interpreting patterns as spaces

Bug reports go here.
SliderJeff

[SOLVED] Console version interpreting patterns as spaces

Post by SliderJeff »

I wrote a .BAT file to recursively process a bunch of folders I have filled with FLAC files and convert the FLAC to MP3 CBR 320, placing the new MP3's into folders named as:

%albumartist% - %year% %album%\%albumartist% - %year% %album% - %track2% - %title%

However, the generated folder is a single dash between two spaces and all of the tracks are just named as a combination of dashes. I can see that all of the patterns are blank when I see the command line BAT file executing. My BAT file reads as follows:

Code: Select all

xrecode3cx64 -i .\*.flac -r -cbr 320 -createinsrc -dest mp3 -44100 -b 16 -coverfilename "folder" -fileexists 0 -pfilename "%albumartist% - %year% %album%\%albumartist% - %year% %album% - %track2% - %title%"
Is there something I am doing incorrectly here?

Also, is there some way to get the console version to use my tagsreplace.txt file like the app version does?

Thanks,
Jeff
admin
Site Admin

Re: Console version interpreting patterns as spaces

Post by admin »

Please try to replace each % with %% because windows treats symbol % as it's own variable, using %% prevents it.

You can use -tr parameter to pass then TagsReplace file.
SliderJeff

Post by SliderJeff »

Thanks. I'm getting closer to having this fixed. Do I need to change the format of the contents of the tagsreplace.txt file to use the %% as well?
Also, does the filepath to my tagsreplace.txt file need to be in quotes or some other format, as it doesn't appear to be working?

Current command line example:

xrecode3cx64 -i .\*.flac -r -cbr 320 -createinsrc -dest mp3 -44100 -b 16 -coverfilename "folder" -fileexists 0 -tr C:\Program Files\xrecode3\stuff\tagsreplace.txt -pfilename "%%albumartist%% - (%%year%%) %%album%%\%%albumartist%% - (%%year%%) %%album%% - %%track2%% - %%title%%"
Current C:\Program Files\xrecode3\stuff\tagsreplace.txt contents:

[Track]
<ANY>=%track2%

[Album]
<ANY>=(%year%) %album%

[Artist]
<ANY>=%albumartist%
Last question, how do I go about purchasing the console version since I own the Windows EXE version?

Thanks,
Jeff
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You don't need to use %% in the tagsreplace.txt file as this file is processed directly by the program.
If path to your tagsreplace file contains spaces (as in your example), then please use the quotes. You can use them in any case :)
Here's the purchase link https://xrecode.com/purchase/purchase_console.php
SliderJeff

[SOLVED] Re: Console version interpreting patterns as spaces

Post by SliderJeff »

Thanks! It's all working well after adding the quotes. It didn't dawn on me that "Program Files" had a space in it until you brought that up.

Thanks,
Jeff