Cue referencing different flac files opened differently when loading folders

Bug reports go here.
iophobia

Cue referencing different flac files opened differently when loading folders

Post by iophobia »

Hi,

first of all an obvious thanks for the software which is my go-to hub for audio conversion and dynamic-range rating to keep my music library organized.

What I noticed recently is that XRECODE treats cue files referencing more than one FLAC file differently depending on whether you open the cue sheet directly (via load file) or load the folder where it is located in.

Meaning directly opening the cue will list the tracks for splitting/conversion while loading the folder just displays the whole track (e.g. LP1.flac; LP2.flac).

Would be nice to streamline the behaviour.

Best,
io
admin
Site Admin

Re: Cue referencing different flac files opened differently when loading folders

Post by admin »

It could be that there are several CUE files in that folder. In that case program tries to guess which files to open (audio or CUE).
If you only want to add the CUE files, please use the Add Folder and then under Options check the "CUE files only" - https://imgur.com/geRWpzU
iophobia

Re: Cue referencing different flac files opened differently when loading folders

Post by iophobia »

Thanks for the hint. I wasn't aware of the options in the "loading folder" selection since I always went with the "easy" opening method so far. I will choose the recommended cue file only option from here on out.

Never the less, I still think it's a bug as in the instances it appeared, it was only one cue file and the referenced flac files were definitely present and aptly named as the "loading file --> cue" way showed.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, I see. Could you please send an archived copy of the folder and the Diagnostic information (it's under the About button) to xrecode@gmail.com? You could use https://wetransfer.com/