Files outputting cumulatively

Bug reports go here.
Words&Music

Files outputting cumulatively

Post by Words&Music »

My apologies, as this topic probably doesn't go here. I'm new to XRECODE and even describing this will be wordy, so searching for an existing post has proved a challenge.

I have a new SACD and I've been looking for a way to get DSF files. Found XRECODE yesterday and I'm liking it a lot.

But, when I Encode to DSF from the SACD (using bin & cue), the 2nd track has the 1st and 2nd track. The 3rd track has the 1st, 2nd and 3rd track, etc., so that at the end, the 10th track includes all 10 tracks. I can work around that, but even encoding one track at a time it will output this way. Is there a setting I'm overlooking that would turn this off? I'm still in trial mode ...

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Files outputting cumulatively

Post by admin »

It seems you might need to use the Extract to split the file into individual tracks. Select Extract as action and then click on DSF like this https://imgur.com/CtnUoGR.
Words&Music

Post by Words&Music »

When I tried Extract, I get an error: "there were some errors. Press OK to go to the log tab." For each track, it says "HandleError: Cannot extract audio from this file, use encode method instead."

Issue with the bin files?

In the end it doesn't much matter ... I can work with the DSF files I have, and it's my only SACD. Just curious why it was working this way.

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I missed the detail in the original post, that you were using bin+cue file. When it comes to sacd, only .iso files are supported. So you were able to encode that bin file to individual .dsf tracks or am I missing something :)
Words&Music

Post by Words&Music »

Yes, I was able to use Encode to get to DSF.

Every ISO creator I try won't allow creation of ISO file from audio disc. So how does one get an ISO from SACD? Do I have to copy off as WAV first?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If I'm not mistaken, the SACD iso files are created by ripping the SACD disc via the PS4.
So that BIN file you have is actually an Audio CD in, not a SACD one?
Words&Music

Post by Words&Music »

the bin & cue were created from the SACD.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

How big is the BIN file?
Words&Music

Post by Words&Music »

433 MB (444,044 KB)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, then it's an Audio layer image. According to https://www.google.com/search?q=can+sac ... cd+players SACD can discs contain both Audio and SACD layers and a normal CD player will only have access to the Audio layer. This also explains why you were able to convert the BIN+CUE file to DSF.