[SOLVED] Weird behavior by XRECODE3

Bug reports go here.
BlueSky

[SOLVED] Weird behavior by XRECODE3

Post by BlueSky »

Hi,

I have downloaded some .wav files in zip format that I am asking XRECODE3 to convert to flac. There are eight (8) .wav files in the download and when I input the folder into XRECODE, the eight files are broken up into no less than twenty files with odd names, some files with zero run lengths, etc. Very strange behavior.

When I use another conversion software package, NCH Suite in this case, there are no issues. As there appear to be no method of uploading screen shots or other information to this forum, I will have to leave it at that. I'd be glad to provide the zip package or the individual .wav for analysis if needed.

Any idea what is going on?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Weird behavior by XRECODE3

Post by admin »

Please try to convert with this option turned off - https://imgur.com/2IGUYE4
BlueSky

Post by BlueSky »

Excellent! That did the trick! Can you help me understand what the .wav files had in them that would cause this behavior? Should I, from here on out, keep this option turned off or should I only turn it off when issues arise?

Thanks much!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great. Those wav files had chapters info in them which program picked up. You can have it turned off, just remember to turn it on when trying to convert other files with the chapters (e.g. m4b).
BlueSky

[SOLVED] Re: Weird behavior by XRECODE3

Post by BlueSky »

You guys are the best!