[SOLVED] CD Tray opens whenever Add Folder is selected

Ask questions on how to do this and that here.
graveller39

[SOLVED] CD Tray opens whenever Add Folder is selected

Post by graveller39 »

For some time now, whenever I go to add a folder to xrecode3 for processing, the CD tray opens with a message to 'Insert a disc'. I have to select 'Cancel' four times before the message disappears and the 'Add Folder' can be used. This started happening perhaps a year or so ago, but prior to that I had no such problem. Is there a setting that's been inadvertently changed or is this a bug of some sort? Strangely enough, I don't have this problem when I select 'Add (simplified)'.
admin
Site Admin

Re: CD Tray opens whenever Add Folder is selected

Post by admin »

Very strange. What happens when you insert the CD close the program remove the CD and then try again?
graveller39

Post by graveller39 »

So, the same thing happened, but then I noticed for the first time the top bar on the 'Add Folder' window - it was showing Drive E (CD Dive). I selected it to one of my other drives and opened a folder. Now when I select Folders > Add, the screen defaults to that last drive without opening the CD tray or prompting me to Insert a disc. I've closed and opened the program a few times and the Add Folder is still defaulting to the other drive, so it looks good. Just not sure why I had to change the drive at the top for the default drive to change.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, I see. Program saved the last opened path (which was the CD drive at a time) and then, when you started the program next time, it tried to position to that last saved path and as a result Windows was prompting to insert the CD disc.
graveller39

[SOLVED] Re: CD Tray opens whenever Add Folder is selected

Post by graveller39 »

Yes,I believe that's what has happened, except if I simply choose the folder from the Folder tree without changing the drive shown in the box at the top of the screen, the default drive won't change. Not exactly obvious as one can select a folder from any drive on the tree without touching the box at the top...

I don't believe I had ever changed the drive in that box as I had not even noticed it, so I'm not sure how it was changed. At any rate, all looks good now - thanks.