DSD Clicks Still Present

Ask questions on how to do this and that here.
AnnieBody

DSD Clicks Still Present

Post by AnnieBody »

I know this has been covered elsewhere, but why hasn't this been resolved yet?
If I search for DSD and/or clicks then I cannot get any results in this forum as the search states there are too many entries, so I get no ability for viewing previous possible solutions, which is frankly ridiculous! The only option I have is to search on Google which then finds the Xrecode forum sites.

I have found that when ripping an ISO to DSF or DFF no amount of declick values removes the start and end clicks. By using a large value all I get is missing start and end music.

I have tried ripping to DFF then converting to DSF as recommended elsewhere but I get the same result.
I have also tried converting DSF or DFF to FLAC 24bit 192kHz which does remove the clicks , so it is possible.

Is there a way in XRecode to rip an ISO to DSD without the clicks?
Regards
admin
Site Admin

Re: DSD Clicks Still Present

Post by admin »

Did you use the "Extract" method?
AnnieBody

Post by AnnieBody »

What other method is there to extract from an ISO?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Could you, please, send me on extracted as dff file to xrecode@gmail.com? You could use https://wetransfer.com/.
AnnieBody

Post by AnnieBody »

Hi
Although I don't know why you want me to send a DFF file ripped from ISO when you must already have one to test your software, as requested I have setup a WeTransfer link:
Regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I played that file on my PC using foobar and aimp, played on Sammsung phone and Denon AV receiver and could not hear any clicks. Which software/hardware player are you using?
AnnieBody

Post by AnnieBody »

Clearly one of sufficient quality to enable me to hear the clicks! Albeit a VW car stereo, and android phone or several ks worth of HiFi equipment!
Are you doubting my hearing or the equipment I use to hear the quality that DSD can and should provide?
May I suggest you use a decent sound editor such as Goldwave that clearly shows the click before suggesting I am wasting your time!
Are you are unwilling to resolve this obvious issue, or just unwilling to believe it exists!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is it at the beginning or end of at the track? Also, are you using the .dff file for playback or it's converted to some other format? Does the car audio support dff?
AnnieBody

Post by AnnieBody »

As I have previously stated the click appears at the start and end of the track, asking where it occurs would appear to be unnecessary.
As you can't hear the click on your equipment and can't use an editor to view it, I have edited the track to just a couple of seconds which iI have posted on:

As it's a small file, I suggest you post it somewhere and see if anyone else can hear or see it. I find that foobar on a pc plays it and can be clearly heard so have no idea why you cannot see or hear it using your equipment.
In the meantime, I have downloaded trial version from:
Their website explains the source of the clicks and how to remove them which you can achieve the trial software.
Regards
ilk2011

Post by ilk2011 »

Is it at the beginning or end of at the track?
I can only confirm that clicks present. They appears between tracks. If you want to hear/see them:
1. Extract tracks as .dff (I use usually 352800 s.r.)
2. Merge them with cue creation
3. Encode merged .dff to .wav (88200-24bit)
4. Listen to (or look at) the "silence" between songs. Here they are. Guaranteed between side A and B on corresponding songs on LP.
Looks like that, clearly audible: