Ripping DTS CD to Multi-Channel WAV or FLAC

Ask questions on how to do this and that here.
mdubin

Ripping DTS CD to Multi-Channel WAV or FLAC

Post by mdubin »

Hi:

I have several DTS-CDs which I would like to rip to Mch 5.1 without any loss in audio quality. Could somone here please explain to me how I can accomplish this?

Thank you.

mdubin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Ripping DTS CD to Multi-Channel WAV or FLAC

Post by admin »

DTS CDs are automatically detected and if you choose WAV or FLAC as output format, DTS will be automatically decoded.
Codec column should contain DTS for such Audio CDs.
mdubin

Post by mdubin »

Hi:

I loaded DTS CD and selected Encode with WAV as output. The Codec column was blank. It did not show DTS.

So I let it rip anyway to individual WAV files. The resulting WAV files showed as 6 channel (when hovering over the file with the mouse) but played back as "noise" in Foobar.

Tried the same encoding but with FLAC instead of WAV and let it rip. The resulting Flac files showed as 2 channel (when hovering over the file with the mouse) but played back as 6 channel in Foobar.

Tried again this time using "Merge" to WAV. The resulting Merged WAV file showed as 2 channel. I then encoded to WAV using the Merged Cuefile as input. The Codec did show as DTS this time and the resulting WAV files were indeed 6 channel and played in Foobar.

Please enlighten me on this. Why was there a different when encode and ripping to WAV vs. Flac?

Thank you.

mdubin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Could you, please, create the CD image (using ImgBurn or some other software) and send it to xrecode@gmail.com (you could use https://wetransfer.com or some other service). Apparently that CD is not recognized automatically, so I'd like to check it out.
mdubin

Post by mdubin »

I used ImgBurn to create Image.bin and image.cue. I uploaded them to Dropbox. Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please share it with xrecode@gmail.com.
mdubin

Post by mdubin »

Files are shared. Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please install the latest beta version - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=40
mdubin

[SOLVED] Re: Ripping DTS CD to Multi-Channel WAV or FLAC

Post by mdubin »

Installed 1.98 beta 1019-10-19/1042.

It worked perfectly. Resulting WAV files were 6 channel, 16 bit, 44100 and they played perfectly.

Thank you.

mdubin
prballard

Re: [SOLVED] Ripping DTS CD to Multi-Channel WAV or FLAC

Post by prballard »

I am new to the forum and the software. I just downloaded the latest version, 1.99 64 bit.

I tried to decode a single WAV file that is the first track of a DTS CD. Nothing I tried let me produce a 6 channel file. The output file appeared to be identical to the original. When I opened it in Audacity is was DTS 2 channel file, i.e. just noise.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

PS - The output format was WAV (I also tried flac) and the CODEC was WAV, not DTS