Merge gapless - remove clicks

Suggestions, new features, etc.
edwardsean

Merge gapless - remove clicks

Post by edwardsean »

Hi.

What-a-fantastic program this is! I can't believe its list of features and truly impressive performance.

I've been using it to merge gapless DSD512 files. It is the only program I could find that allows me to do this up to 512, others top out at 256.

My only issue is that it's not perfectly gapless as there is a small click in-between the joined files.

I saw that the SACD tab has a feature to remove clicks and adjust the amount of pad/skip samples. Is there a way to implement this for the merge function as well?

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Merge gapless - remove clicks

Post by admin »

I'm not sure if that will work, but please send couple of such tracks with clicks to xrecode@gmail.com. You could use https://wetransfer.com/.
edwardsean

Post by edwardsean »

I sent a file as an example: Steve Erquiaga "Arioso." I could only send one as the limit was 2Gb, and I use DSD512 files.

This is single track composed of gapless 60 sec segments merged with XRecode. There is a click at the seam every 60 secs.

When I play the individual 60sec files on a music player with gapless enabled there is no click. The issue occurs on every one of my XRecode merged files.

Thanks for looking into this. It would be great to have a solution as the click interrupts the otherwise pristine quality of the merge function.
edwardsean

Post by edwardsean »

I sent the source files for the Ariso track. These are the original four gapless 60sec segments.

As I mentioned, when I play them on a music player with gapless, there is no click.

Thanks Eriks!