Clipboard Copy (CTRL+C)

Suggestions, new features, etc.
privalova

Clipboard Copy (CTRL+C)

Post by privalova »

Am I the only one, who find it somewhat difficult to work with the text-editor, when editing Metadata :?:
In (nearly) all other text editors copying/inserting a text string means CTRL+C / CTRL+V BUT with XRECODE3 you don't end up copying a selected part of a text string but all info of the file-name, although, sometimes it actually works, but not consequently.
It means you really have to be careful when copying text info and trying to insert it. Only solution - for now- is to highlight and 'right-click' -> selecting 'Copy' and choosing right field to insert to by (again) 'right-click' -> choose 'insert', which is kind of tedious/slightly annoying.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Clipboard Copy (CTRL+C)

Post by admin »

Are you using the latest version of the program as I cannot reproduce the issue. Could you please provide more details?
privalova

Post by privalova »

Yes, I use Version [64bit] 1.102.
Say, I mark up a text string in the Comments field of any given file (mp3 or flac-file) and want to move that section higher up or just elsewhere, or I have copied a text string from another field of a particular file, say the Composer's field and want to copy this to another file, I accidentally end up overwriting the information of the destination file instead of just copying the desired string as you would do when working in any other text editor (Word, Notepad etc.) and I then have two files with the same track title and track number etc., which is a kind of a bore.
CTRL+C does not work in XRECODE3. Never did!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK, now I understand.
When you are positioned on the Metadata https://imgur.com/6kcfovM, copy paste works just fine.
If you want to quickly switch to the next/previous track, while standing on the same field, press Ctrl+Shift+Up/Down arrows to navigate.

When you are positioned on the Files list https://imgur.com/T8Lxb5b, copy/paste works differently. Copy copies all Metadata and Paste pastes it to all selected tracks. This way it's easy to duplicate the Metadata to other tracks.